Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wash That Man Right Out of my Hair

I performed at Southmore House's "White Noise" at a local laundromat. 
I played a cover I made of "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of my Hair" while rubbing creamy white conditioner all over my hair and body and then placing my head inside the washing machine. 


This is a performance about the way we talk about the people we love. 
This is a performance about how women talk about men.
This is how a woman gives a blow job.
This is a performance about how sick an old joke makes me feel.
This is a performance about desperation and inability.


Of course, inspired by the classic: 

First photo by Baltazar Canales, Second photo by Hilary Scullane

2 comments:

Ernesto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ernesto said...

That was amazing!!